A buyer’s agent is the perfect partner for you when you are looking for a home. They provide many benefits. Here’s a quick synopsis:
Help Arrange Financing.
1. Assist in locating sources of mortgage loans.
2. Help you examine how much you can afford vs. how much you may want to spend.
3. Assist in comparing different financing options.
4. Provide information on purchasing incentives that may be available.
5. Educate and discuss the difference between being prequalified and being preapproved for a mortgage.
Assist in finding the right property.
6. Identify your needs and want in a property.
7. Find appropriate available properties.
8. Sort through inaccurate information about homes in the area.
9. Provide ready access to all MLS-listed properties.
10. Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS.
11. Preview properties prior to showing.
12. Help select for viewing only those properties that fit your needs.
13. Help you narrow your search and identify top choices.
14. Assist with analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
15. Disclose all known latent material defects.
16. Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability, and resale value.
Educate you on market conditions.
17. Educate you on whether it is a buyers’ market or a sellers’ market.
18. Show statistics on what houses are selling for in your desired area of choice.
19. Show trends, average days on market, etc. of current inventory.
Guide you through making an offer and represent you and your interests in negotiations.
20. Prepare a CMA so that you make an informed decision when offering a price.
21. Advise you on what comparable properties are selling for.
22. Explain common contract contingencies.
23. Obtain appropriate seller disclosures.
24. Prioritize your goals.
25. Help create a negotiating strategy to achieve those goals.
26. Ensure that you receive and understand all state and federally required disclosure forms.
27. Handle completion of the offer to purchase or sales contract.
28. Educate you on the contents of the sales contract.
29. Ensure all appropriate additional forms are completed.
30. Assist you in getting the best property at the best price with the least amount of inconvenience based on current market conditions.
Get you to closing and serve as your trusted real estate resource.
31. Recommend inspectors, lenders, and other professionals as necessary.
32. Be an advocate and advisor during the closing process.
33. Review and discuss home inspection concerns.
34. Monitor and communicate required contract deadlines to ensure that you meet them.
35. Assist in coordinating communications between the listing agent, lender, title company, appraiser, and other professionals.
36. Accompany you on the walk-through prior to closing to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you entered the contract and that all required items were corrected if part of negotiations.
37. Remain a life-long trusted advisor regarding real estate questions, needs, or concerns.
Be the first to leave a comment!
Our Scottsdale Elite Relocation guide is the perfect resource to help refine your buying decision.